Thursday, 15 March 2018

Anne Kayes Tui Street Tales

As part of the Storylines National Tour, we had Anne Kayes, an Auckland based author, visit us to share about her new book. 
Tui Street Tales is a collection of seven short stories based on fairy tales in a New Zealand context.  Miss Rait's reading groups listened to the first one based on Jack and the Bean stalk.  It was very good!  Then Anne spoke to the whole syndicate about how she developed her stories.  She read one of her more gripping tales to us, and had us on the edge of our seats waiting to hear the next sentence!
It had sinister characters and a flying, cackling eye ball! 

This could be one for the bookshelf I think!

What did you think of Anne's visit? 
Image result for tui street tales

1 comment:

  1. I loved it I'm going to save up for the book 📚 it sounds lovely 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading our blog post. We would love you to leave a thoughtful comment. Just select name/URL to type your name so we know who you are.